For Companies Wishing to Employ International Students as Part-Timers

The Free Job Placement Service Desk of the Fukuoka International Student Support Center’s Administrative Council offers a free job referral service, based on a permit issued by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare. (Permit No.: 40-ム-300012, Permitted date: October 1, 2008)

Feel free to consult with us!

Consultation by Phone :
TEL 092-725-9201
Consultation by Email :
Click here

Flowchart from Registration to Employment

Eligible applicants

International students enrolled in graduate schools, universities, junior colleges and technical colleges located in Fukuoka Prefecture

Area served


Range of job types

All kinds (For regular employment, only those jobs that are in accordance with the resident status stipulated by the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act)

Items Needed for Job Offer Registration

  1. Please download and fill out the FiSSC-designated Job Offer Application Form <Part-time job> (Excel:569KB).
  2. Brochures and other documents describing the company profile and business activities

Points to Remember When Employing International Students

Permission to engage in non-academic activities

Before international students can start a part-time job, they must apply for “permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted.”

Upper limit on working hours

For those with a resident status of “college student,” the maximum number of working hours is stipulated by the Immigration Control Act as described below.

  • Permitted working hours per week: No more than 28 hours
  • Permitted working hours during long school breaks (summer vacation, winter vacation, etc.):
    No more than 8 hours per day
Restrictions on job types

In keeping with its objective of helping international students to lead a fulfilling student life, FiSSC imposes certain restrictions on job types.

(Examples of jobs not allowed)

  • Dangerous jobs involving driving a car or motorcycle, work at construction sites or outdoor work in high places
  • Jobs that may be harmful to human health, including work under high/low temperature conditions and the handling of agricultural chemicals
  • Illegal jobs, such as multilevel marketing or pyramid sales
  • Jobs that are educationally unfavorable, such as handing out of flyers on the street, door-to-door sales and work in shops that offer entertainment or amusement
  • Other jobs offered under indefinite working conditions

FiSSC has published a
Handbook for Hiring Interantional Students as Part-Timers (PDF:555KB), which provides advice to companies employing international students. Please refer to it for more information.